Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

It's Been a Year!

Today is the anniversary of our move from North Carolina to Tennessee, and what a year it's been. My last post really expanded the name of this blog to encompass so much more. Many thanks to all of you for your love and support. That post has been read over 600 times! We continue to heal and grow, and I am tested every day. They test me to see if I am able to be trusted, worthy of their love. About a month ago, I was in the car with my youngest and she said, "Hey Mommy, I need a daddy but I DON'T need YOU!" It was like someone stabbed me in the heart, but I didn't respond. "Mommy, did you HEAR me?" My quiet, simple response, "Yes, I did." The End. She was looking for a reaction and she didn't get it...time to move on. In my heart, I knew she didn't mean it. Every night when she goes to bed, she wants that same Mommy to hold her. She snuggles into me and I rock her back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, and I sing...you know the song. And she listens to my heart beating and knows she can trust me.
 
I looked around today and realized that I have made progress on the house as well. Backsplash is in place, although not fully grouted, the cabinets have their crown molding back, and beams are wrapped. My awesome brother-in-law had a few church members come over a few Saturdays ago and they did some drywall and spackling work on our ceilings and stairwell. So here's what we are looking like these days...




 

Slowly but surely, we are getting there. As we continue to make this house our own, the best thing about it is with whom we share it. We thank God that He is bringing peace to our home. No amount of renovations can do that.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment