Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Meet the Crew

Welcome! I'm super excited about starting this adventure. It's going to be a wild ride, so hold on! The kiddos start school in a few short days and then the fun begins. Let me introduce you to the cast of characters...
 

The DIY Addict


Hello, my name is Nicole and I am a DIY addict. I'll try anything once. I'm not crazy, I'm just a visionary (or so I tell myself). I can see how a space can work better and I want to do it...and then I do. I'm also a bargain hunter, so handy AND cheap. It's a good combination.
 

The Skeptic


This is my hubby. We will call him Mr. Skeptic. He is NOT a visionary but he loves me dearly. He works 12 hour days and never knows what he may come home to...heh, heh! He says things like, "I thought we bought this house because it was move-in ready." And I say, "Yeah, but it could be soooo much better!" Then I add, "Hey, you knew what I was like when you married me." He ALWAYS loves my projects when they are done.
 

The Accomplice


My sister is the best. She and her offspring are the reasons we moved to Tennessee. We grew up with a dad and stepdad who could do just about anything, and we were often their assistants. So we both feel like we can do just about anything. We can get into a lot trouble together. Hmmm...I don't remember if I told her about this blog or not. I better fill her in since you will probably be seeing a lot of her.
 

The Demolition Crew

 

They look angelic, don't they? HA! Don't let their cuteness fool you! Take your eyes off them for five seconds and who knows what they are destroying. And the noise! The noise, noise, noise, NOISE! I think they are the reasons I started using power tools...to drown out the noise.  Our youngest is nicknamed 'The Pterodactyl' to give you an idea. My house was destined to become shabby chic, whether I wanted it that way or not. But I love them desperately and everything I do revolves around them. This awesome picture and our family picture were both taken by Cayce Wagner. If you live in Raleigh, NC, you should give her a call!

The Best Friend

 
 
Any reason to throw in a picture of Bailey, the best dog ever, is good enough for me! You will probably see him in a few pictures in the future.
 

...and The Star of the Blog!


Our humble abode. We saw a lot of nice houses and chose this one for the great neighborhood and school district. People say it reminds them of the Brady Bunch house. It's a great house with good bones. When we first put the offer in, a good friend of mine said, "So, what's your first project going to be?" I think I said something like, "I don't think I'll be doing much of anything. It's great just the way it is." Then we moved in, and my wheels started turning...and turning...and turning. Pictures of the interior will be posted soon! If you would like an idea of what I will be doing, check out my Renovation Project folder on Pinterest.
 
And just in case you are wondering what my sister and I were doing in the above pics...this is how it turned out...
 
See you soon!
Nicole




No comments:

Post a Comment